About a week ago I was miraculously nominated for The Liebster award by a fellow blogger and firstly THANK YOU (wow people actually like and care about what I write )http://verymuchclichedblogaboutateenagegirl.wordpress.com/ , do take a gander at her marvels for they are nothing short of genius , secondly what in the world does Liebster mean ? My curiosity yet again got the better of me and to my one and only I looked , yes you know I am talking about you internet , darling. So liebster you see is a German word , you remember the germans right blonde , blue eyes , cool accent ? and it means “favourite” or “beloved” . I am so touched to be nominated and well , loved and I hope my blog continues to inspire such feelings in many others .
1. Do you believe in ghosts?
Not particularly in the supernatural sense like a historic figure or dead grandparent visiting me as the clock strikes midnight but more on the lines of being haunted by the ghosts of your failures and there presence will always linger on for as long as you live.
2. Any major pet peeves?
People riffling through my pictures , like can you not ? there might be a few embarrassing selfies that I would rather not see the light of day.
3. Guilty pleasure?
Obsessing over celebrities , movies and tv series even though I know better .. oh and nutella, yeah and nutella with all its nut infused chcocolately goodness that make my taste buds dance in a conga line.
4. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed? What can I say, I’m nosy.
closed , they must be closed or I get all creeped out and stuff , like what if your clothes come to life and murder you in your sleep and closing the doors is the only way to keep them at bay ? WHAT IFFFFFF?
5. Do you play any instruments?
Does my mouth count because I can do this thing where I pretty much don’t shut up for long periods of time but if not then no , I am highly untalented . If did however learn it would be the violin.
6. Do you speak any languages other than English? If so, write something!
I speak Afrikaans ( the weird hybrid of dutch and german ) and a little Arabic . Here goes : Ek is baie sleg om Afrikaans te praat en dit is nie my gunstellig dinge nie ( I AM VERY BAD AT SPEAKING AFRIKAANS AND IT IS NOT MY FAVOURITE THING) . I am far too lazy to type in Arabic and all my letters are sadly in English upon my keyboard . Oh but there is also Zulu a native African language : Mena so bulala wena ( I WILL KILL YOU)
7. What is your biggest fear?
I could pull an Augustus waters here and say ” oblivion” but in truth my biggest fear is not being remembered , just disappearing without having left my small mark on the world .
8. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
More like where would I like to see myself in ten years and you know with wishful thinking . I hope to be a qualified something and making a difference ( I haven’t decided yet) , married to a sweet , funny and successful guy , but never losing sight of what my morals and values and maybe with like a flying car and no petrol costs , I mean that would be cool too.
9. What has been your biggest blogging accomplishment so far?
My biggest blogging accomplishment would probably still maintain my blog and posting regularly , not that awards aren’t great either.
10. What is your favourite book? Yes, note the ‘u’. I am Canadian :p
About the ‘u’ I am South African we use it too . Despite my dire efforts in avoiding being clichéd my favourite book is The fault in our Stars by John Green , because it is beautiful , intelligent and funny all rolled up into one amazing piece of literature oh and Augustus , I mean I need a guy like him in my life.
11. Introvert or extrovert?
I’d like to think of myself as an introverted extrovert . I revel in the idea of solitude and peace with ones thoughts but I am not shy or awkward in social situations oh I love expressing my opinion too but you knew that already didn’t you?
yeah there were some rules to follow and I could be a rebel for once but I have a thing for rules:
– the bloggers that have been nominated must link back to the person that nominated them
– nominees must answer the eleven questions given to them by the person who nominated them
– those nominated must choose eleven of their fave bloggers that have less than 200 followers to answer their own set of questions
– when you are nominated you cannot nominate the person that nominated you
– after nominating your faves you need to drop them a comment telling them that you have nominated them.
Now , my favourites you ask ? why how could you make me do this , it is like asking a mother to chose her favourite child , which evidently isn’t that hard in my mother’s case and no it is not me.
My nominees are:
I don’t even know if that makes 11 but oh well , here come my devious questions, that will actually be boring and lame
1. If you could have dinner with 3 famous DEAD people who would they be and why?
2. Country of birth ? no I am not a pedo trolling the internet
3. Favourite character from a book
4. Pizza or pasta?
5. What is your fatal flaw?
6. Winter or summer?
7. why did you start blogging?
8. First and only thing you’d try to save during a fire?
9. Elevator fantasy ? ( no you perv , not what you’re thinking)
10. What would you like to name your first born
11. Did you want to eat clouds like they were candyfloss ? Be honest